The Associated Press reports, “The death toll from a massive suicide bombing targeting Christians gathered on Easter in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore rose to 70 on Monday, underscoring the ability of militants to stage large-scale attacks despite a months-long military offensive targeting their hideouts.”
Near the beginning of March, ISIS kidnapped Rev. Thomas Uzhunnalil during an attack in which they also killed 16 nurses and nuns. According to the Washington Times, Uzhunnalil was crucified on Good Friday.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort the families and friends of the deceased.
* Pray for healing for 300 people who were injured in the Lahore, Pakistan, suicide bombing.
* Pray for Christians to love their enemies.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict the terrorists of their sin so that they may be converted by the power of the Gospel.
* Pray for justice for the victims.
* Pray for church leaders and government officials to have discernment in dealing with terrorists.