According to The Guardian, “Sixty-seven people have been killed and thousands more forced to evacuate by intense rains which damaged 115,000 homes and destroyed more than 100 bridges in Peru’s worst floods in recent memory.” Deutsche Welle reports that “a state of emergency declared in more than 800 cities” and “99,475 Peruvians had lost everything since the beginning of the year.”
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort the families and friends of the people killed in the Peruvian landslides and flooding.
* Pray for healing for the injured.
* Pray for housing and shelter for the homeless.
* Pray for Christians to meet the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of people affected by this disaster.
* Pray for job opportunities for people living in slums.