Cases of Covid-19, the Wuhan Coronoavirus, have been reported in almost 140 nations. Of the 147,815 reported cases, 5,538 people have died. – Stats from Wikipedia
In 1959, Senator John F. Kennedy said, “The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger–but recognize the opportunity.”
Christians should recognize this crisis as a time to pray for the ill, medical workers, unemployed, and to provide financial assistance to those financially struggling due to loss of work and paycheck.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort the families and friends of people that have died from Covid-19.
- Pray for a rapid recovery for those who are sick.
- Pray for safety for doctors, nurses and family members caring for the sick.
- Pray for financial needs to be met for people financially struggling after losing a job or receiving fewer work hours.
- Pray for the spiritual needs of people to also be met.
- Pray for opportunities to share God’s love and hope to people that are depressed from these circumstances.