According to Reuters, winter storms in the United States “killed at least 43 people, flattened buildings and snarled transportation for millions during a busy travel time.”
Numerous people are homeless in Garland, Texas following a devastating tornado. The city website reports, “Approximately 600 structures have been damaged in the storm. They include single-family, multi-family and commercial property. Single family homes account for the largest percentage of damage.”
Texas Baptist Men have already set up disaster relief operations in Garland and Rowlett.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort families and friends of the deceased.
* Pray for healing for the injured.
* Pray for housing for the homeless.
* Pray for financial needs to be met for employees and business owners that are now out of work.
* Pray for Christian disaster relief personnel to meet human needs and to share the Gospel with people that need hope.
* Pray for the church congregations that lost their buildings to find a new place to worship and that their members would grow closer to Christ.