On New Year’s Day Gisela Mota became the new mayor of Temixco, Mexico. The next day she was murdered.
The Associated Press reports, “Temixco is a city of about 100,000 people neighboring Cuernavaca, a resort and industrial city which has been suffering kidnappings and extortion linked to organized crime groups.”
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort the family and friends of Gisela Mota.
* Pray for Mexico’s politicians to have discernment in how to respond to violence.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict cartel members of their sin and need for salvation.
* Pray for an end to the drug cartel violence in Mexico.
* Pray for cartel members to find honest employment.
* Pray for drug addicts to overcome their addictions.
* Pray for the Gospel to spread throughout Mexico as church planters work on starting new congregations.