The slow-moving Tropical Storm Harvey, no longer a hurricane, is battering the Texas coast. The National Hurricane Center is forecasting “total rain accumulations of 15 to 30 inches and isolated maximum amounts of 40 inches over the middle and upper Texas coast through Thursday.”
According to Fox News, “More than 200,000 homes and businesses were reportedly without power.” The Associated Press reported, “At least two people have died as Tropical Storm Harvey continues to dump rain on Southeast Texas.”
- Loss of Life – Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort people that have lost a family, friend, pet or livestock to the storm.
- Displaced – Pray for everyone whose home or apartment was flooded and has to find a new housing.
- Sickness – Pray for everyone that gets sick from contaminated water that their sickness will go away quickly.
- Emergency Personnel – Pray for safety for fireman, police officers, energy company personnel and disaster relief teams that will be assisting the storm victims. Trapped people must be rescued, power lines restored, and fallen trees removed.
- Criminals – Looters often steal from closed businesses and abandoned homes. Pray for people looking for opportunities to steal.
- Churches – Pray for churches to provide physical, emotional and spiritual support for communities that will rebuild after the storm. Also pray for churches to share God’s love and the Gospel with people that are depressed.
- Businesses – Pray for business owners and new entrepreneurs to survive this economically challenging time. Also pray for people losing their jobs to find new employment and for their financial needs to be met.