Police and troops loyal to Turkey President Erdogan stopped a military takeover this weekend resulting in 294 deaths, 6,000 arrests and 1,400 injuries, according to official government statements. Much confusion remains. Journalists are speculating about who was responsible for the coup attempt.
The BBC reports, “Nothing is certain for now, but a military coup would be the last thing Turkey needs while it is struggling with the spill-over of the Syrian War, the threat of the Islamic State group, and the Kurdish insurgency.”
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort the families and friends of the deceased.
* Pray for healing for the injured.
* Pray for peace in Turkey.
* Pray for Turkey’s politicians, police and military officials to have discernment in dealing with the aftermath of this coup attempt.
* Pray for Christians in Turkey to share the love of Christ with their neighbors.