The Bible tells us to pray for our leaders: “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV
* Pray for homes divided by politics so that husband and wives as well as parents and children will be reconciled.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give politicians and voters discernment so that people will recognize right and wrong regarding immorality in politics.
* Pray for “lost” politicians to recognize their need for a savior and to turn to Christ to be born again.
* Pray for politicians to repent that have slandered their opponents and made false promises while running for office.
* Pray for politicians to seek wise counsel and to select honest people for political appointments.
* Pray for politicians to establish the right priorities so that God is first and government is not an idol.
* Pray for journalists to honestly report the political news.
* Pray for Americans to place their faith in God and not become hopeless following the election results.
Recent Prayer Lists
* International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
* Pornography Leads to Sex Before Kissing
* 60 Iraqi People Killed in Residential Bombing
* Appeal Delayed for Pakistani Christian on Death Row
* Thousands More Homeless After Hurricane Matthew Strikes Haiti
* Children of Divorce Reject Christianity