Prayer Focus: 663 Million People Without Clean Water
Safe drinking water is often taken for granted in first world nations but an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease in Flint, Michigan, is drawing attention to this issue. The Detroit Free Press reported, “There have been 87 cases in Genesee County from June 2014 to November 2015 — and 10 of those cases resulted in death.”
The increase in infections occurred after Flint changed its main water source from Lake Huron to the Flint River.
According to Water.org, globally “663 million people – 1 in 10 – lack access to safe water” and “2.4 billion people – 1 in 3 – lack access to a toilet.”
* Pray for healing for people suffering from diseases caused water pollution.
* Pray for ministries, government agencies, non-profits and businesses to meet the need for clean water through filtration systems, digging of wells and pollution clean-up.
* Pray for people worldwide to encounter Jesus Christ and to experience the living water of salvation that God offers through faith. (John 4:14)
Recent Prayer Focus Articles:
* Prayer List: 18,000 Killed in Iraqi Conflict; 3 Million Refugees
* Prayer List: The Future of Television
* Prayer List: 8 to 10 Million Refugees Heading to Europe