Hurricane Matthew adds thousands more to Haiti’s homeless problem.
According to Reuters, “Hurricane Matthew’s trail of destruction in Haiti stunned those emerging from the aftermath on Friday, with the number of dead soaring to 842, tens of thousands homeless and outbreaks of cholera already claiming more lives.”
The Weather Channel reports that”3,214 homes were destroyed along the southern peninsula.” USA Today reports, “Some 55,000 Haitians left homeless by that earthquake were still living in shelters when Hurricane Matthew struck.”
The hurricane is expected to strike the Florida coast on Friday morning. According to ABC News, “About 8 million Florida residents scrambled to make last-minute preparations today as the storm strengthened from a Category 3 to a Category 4 hurricane …”
* Pray for anyone still trapped in flood waters, mud and destroyed houses to be rescued.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort the families and friends of people that were killed in the storm.
* Pray for the spiritual, emotional and financial health of people whose homes, apartments and businesses were flooded.
* Pray for the safety of first responders and disaster relief volunteers.
* Pray for Christian disaster relief volunteers and chaplains to have opportunities to befriend and share the Gospel with flooding victims.
* Pray for economic growth and job opportunities in Haiti.
* Pray for Haiti’s politicians, religious leaders and business leaders to have discernment.
* Pray for Floridians to be prepared for when the hurricane arrives.
Recent Prayer Lists
* Prayer List: Children of Divorce Reject Christianity
* Prayer List: See You At The Pole
* Bombings Kill Aid Workers and Syrian Soldiers
* 1.7 Million Brazilians Lose Jobs
* 35,000 Murders in Chicago Since 1965